Windows 7: Create FTP connection
You can use Microsoft® Windows 7 to connect to your hosting account and upload files via File Transfer Protocol (FTP).
To find information about any of these settings, see FTP: How to upload files.
- From the Start menu, select Computer.
- Go to the Map network drive tab.
- Click Connect to a Web site that you can use to store your documents and pictures.
- Select Choose a custom network location, and then click Next.
- In the Internet or network address field, enter your hosting account's FTP address. For example, ftp://your domain name/.
- Click Next.
- In the User name field, enter your hosting account's user name, and then click Next.
Your FTP connection to your hosting account displays in the Network Location section.