What is ImageMagick?
ImageMagick is a powerful set of image manipulation utilities that you can access through your code to create, edit, and compose bitmap images. There are many Web applications that use ImageMagick to manipulate images. If you are an experienced programmer, you can use Perl or PHP to access ImageMagick's convert utility.
Using ImageMagick, you can:
- Convert an image from one format to another.
- Resize, rotate, or add special effects to an image.
- Easily create thumbnails on your Web page.
- Create a transparent image suitable for use on the Web.
- Turn a group of images into a GIF animation sequence.
- Create a composite image by combining several separate image.
- Draw shapes or text on an image.
All of our Linux hosting plans include ImageMagick. The convert path to ImageMagick, version 5 on our servers is:
The convert path to ImageMagick, version 6 on our servers is:
For more information about ImageMagick and how you can use it, visit the ImageMagick website.