What happens after an auction ends?
Domains must be transferred to the buyer's account after a domain sale is completed through GoDaddy Auctions®. The method to move the domain name and who initiates the move depends on how the domain was purchased and if the seller and buyer accounts are registered with GoDaddy.
Now that you’ve won your domain, it's time to purchase it and move it into your account.
Purchasing your domain
You'll need to make a payment before getting the domain moved to your account.
- Go to the GoDaddy Auctions® page and log in to your account. (Need help logging in? Find your username or password.)
- Select Bidding List > Won.
- Select Pay for this domain, then continue through the checkout process.
After you’ve paid for your domain, the estimated delivery date varies depending on the auction type.
- 7-day auction listings: Typically delivered within 10 days after the payment is completed.
- Expired and closeout auctions:
For some transactions over $4,999, we use Escrow to complete the sale. The seller and buyer will receive instructions on this process and can always reach out to our Escrow partners for further assistance.
Domains purchased via Offer/Counter-offer or Buy Now should be delivered within 10 days after the payment is delivered.