Updating Your Certificate's Signature Algorithm to SHA-2
If you use a SHA-1 certificate, you need to change its signature algorithm to SHA-2 to ensure your certificate's security
To Update Your Certificate to SHA-2
- Log in to your GoDaddy account.
- Click SSL Certificates.
- Next to the certificate you want to use, click Manage.
- Next to the certificate you want to use, in the Actions column, click View Status.
- Click Manage.
- Click Change encryption algorithm and/or certificate issuer.
- From the Certificate issuer and encryption method, select one of the options that contains SHA-2.
You can change your certificate issuer by selecting either Starfield or GoDaddy. This information only displays when visitors view your certificate details in their browsers.
- Click Save.
- Click Submit All Saved Changes.
Your update certificate is immediately available for download (more info).
You'll need to install this updated certificate on your server (more info).
We'll remove the old certificate from our system within 72 hours. To ensure continuity of service, you must install the updated certificate immediately (more info).