Turn my Domain Privacy on or off
Turn your Domain Privacy on or off and change what contact details show for your domain in the public WHOIS directory. Domain Privacy from GoDaddy keeps your contact details private by substituting your info with details from our privacy service provider, Domains By Proxy®. Turning Domain Privacy off will show your personal domain contact info instead of the substitute details in the public WHOIS directory.
- Sign in to your GoDaddy Domain Portfolio. (Need help logging in? Find your username or password.)
- Select the checkboxes next to the domains you'll be updating. Or, select the checkbox next to Domain Name and then choose Select All.
- Select Privacy from the action menu.
- Depending on your screen size, you may need to select the More menu and scroll down to see Privacy.
- Select Turn Privacy On or Turn Privacy Off
- When you turn Domain Privacy off, we'll no longer substitute your domain contact info with details from our privacy service provider, Domains By Proxy®. Your domain contact info will be shown in the public WHOIS directory.
- Select Continue.
- If your domain has Domain Protection, you'll need to verify your identity. If you've had two-step verification (2SV) turned on for at least 24 hours, enter the code we sent via SMS, or enter the code from your authenticator app. Otherwise, enter the one-time password we sent to your registrant email address.
You'll see a Success confirmation after your changes are saved. It can take up to 24 hours for these changes to update in the public WHOIS directory.
- You can keep your contact info hidden and still verify domain ownership by adding a TXT record.
- Keep your portfolio organized by assigning domains to profiles and adding domains to folders.