Transfer my domain to GoDaddy
It's not difficult to transfer your domain name to GoDaddy. You'll complete some steps with your current registrar, and some steps with GoDaddy.
Note: You're not eligible to transfer a domain for a 60-day period after the following events:
• Registering or transferring a domain name
• Updating the registrant contact's organization
• Updating the registrant contact's first or last name and an organization is not listed
Complete the following steps with your current registrar:
- Unlock the domain name.
- Get an authorization code (also known as an EPP code or transfer key) from your current registrar.
- Verify contact information: Confirm that the administrator's contact information for the domain is correct. Your old registrar may need to contact you on this email address during the transfer process.
Note: For .au domains, all transfer information is sent to the registrant contact's email.
- Cancel Protected registration: If the domain has Protected Registration, you'll need to cancel it. Check with your previous registrar for more details.
Complete the following steps at GoDaddy:
- Purchase a domain name transfer from our website. We will send you a message if the extension is not available to transfer.
- Once you purchase the transfer, you'll be prompted to Unlock the domain and Get authorization code. Enter the authorization code in the space provided and follow the prompts to check-out.
Note: The transfer process can take 7 to 10 days to complete.
If you're looking to:
- Move a domain name from one GoDaddy account to another GoDaddy account, see Move a domain to another GoDaddy account.
- Transfer a domain name from GoDaddy to another registrar, see Transfer domain to another registrar.