Set up taxes
Depending on where you are and where your customers are, you’ll probably have to charge taxes on your sales and then report and pay those taxes to your government. Setting up taxes here should help make things easier when it’s time to file and pay your taxes.
Note: GoDaddy doesn’t file or pay your taxes. You should always check with a local tax authority or tax accountant to make sure your business is set up correctly, you charge your customers the correct sales tax rate, and to make sure you file and pay your taxes correctly.
- Go to your GoDaddy product page.
- Scroll to Website Builder and select Manage next to your site.
- In your Dashboard, select Commerce and under General choose Sales Tax for taxes for your online store physical and digital products.
- For Premium Online Store: In your Dashboard, go to Settings > Tax.
Note: Set up taxes for online appointments separately. Select Settings and under Appointments choose Tax.
- Select Add.
- Select the Country/Region then the State/Province (including All states/provinces), if applicable. Once set, you can’t edit these two fields and will need to create a new tax rule if you need to change them.
- Customize the description customers see when they check out in the Display in checkout field.
- Tax category options are also provided, each with their own rate. Set a different rate for each location you add, or add more tax categories.
- Check the box next to My product prices already include tax to apply taxes to items as people see them in your store instead of an added price at checkout, and Charge tax on shipping if that’s required by your area.
- Select Save.
To add an additional tax rate, such as one for a country/region and another for a state/province, repeat these steps as needed.