Set up SMART scans for SiteLock911
To perform scans and remove malware, SMART needs to connect to your account. Then be sure to contact us so we can set up your manual review with a SiteLock Security Team Expert - it's included with your SiteLock911 purchase.
- Log in to your GoDaddy account.
- In your products list, under SiteLock, click Manage next to the account you want to use.
If SiteLock and the domain name are not in the same GoDaddy account, you need to verify your domain ownership before you can perform SMART scans.
- On the left side of the page, click Settings.
- Click Download settings.
- In the Download Settings section, make sure that Allow my hosting provider to supply this data automatically (recommended) and then click Save.
If your account supports automated FTP setup, you'll see a green Saved messsage. Continue with the next step.
If you see the message, "We are unable to download and clean your files...," complete the information listed below and then click Save.
Name Do this: Method for File Transfers Select FTP FTP host address Enter your domain name (S)FTP Port Number Enter 21 Root Directory Enter /public_html User ID Enter your FTP username (cPanel) (Plesk) Password Enter your FTP password (cPanel) (Plesk) Select a speed for FTP file downloads Select Fastest (3 simultaneous connections) Maximum Download Time Select 120 minutes/day
- Click SMART Settings.
- Select Yes, automatically remove the malware found and then click Save.
If there are sections of your website you don't want SMART to scan, click Manage Exclusions and configure those options.
- Wait 24 hours for the SMART scans to process your website, and then contact GoDaddy Support. We'll help you get in touch with a SiteLock Security Team Expert, who will provide a manual review of your service to ensure that everything's set up correctly.
You must contact GoDaddy Support to start the SiteLock manual review process - this does not happen automatically.