Set up my site
When you start building your website, we start by asking you to choose a site category so we can tailor the designs to your needs. You can then set your site's color and font.
You can watch a short video of this task further down the page.
- Log in to your GoDaddy account and open your product. (Need help opening your product?)
- The first time you launch your site, a Let's get started! window asks you to enter a word or two that describe the type of site (or store) you're creating.
- As you type, a menu displays popular suggestions. Pick one or enter whatever you like.
- In the next field, enter what you want to call your site or store (up to 64 characters), then select Continue.
- Now fine-tune your site by selecting the Theme panel.
- Scroll through the left-hand layouts grid (desktop) or swipe through predefined color-font combinations (mobile).
Note: On a desktop, toggling between Customize and Browse Themes shows a large view of your selected theme or the layouts grid.
- When you're finished, see your results by selecting Preview (desktop), or the home button and Preview (mobile).
- When you're ready to make the site public, select Publish.
Show me how
This video is Lesson 6 of the How-To video for Build Your Own Website