Set up geocoding for Local Pickup Plus
Step 5 of the Set up Local Pickup Plus series.
GeoIP shows your customers different pick-up locations based on their location if they want to pick up their order. The convenience of picking up their items at different locations makes it easier for them. Having multiple pickup locations is not necessary, but may be extremely helpful for companies with multiple pickup locations.
Setup and Configuration
If you're wanting to set up Geocoding, please follow the steps below.
Obtain a Google API key
- Sign in to the Google API Library.
- Go to Select a Project and click on New Project.
- Enter the following:
- Project Name
- Organization (if applicable)
Click on Create.
- Select your new project and use the search bar to find and select Geocoding API.
- Select Enable.
Go to Credentials, click on Create Credentials and select API Key.
- Copy your new API Key and click on Close.
Note: Don't select Restrict Key – Doing so can cause your geocoding requests to be rejected by Google. Your API Key will never be exposed to users on your site.
Configure Local Pickup Plus settings
- Sign into WordPress.
- Go to WooCommerce and select Settings.
- Select the Shipping tab and click on Local Pickup Plus.
- Enter the API key you created into the Google Maps Geocoding API Key field.
- Click Save Changes.
With geocoding now enabled, your customers will see pickup locations automatically sorted based on their current location.