Restore my Websites + Marketing site from a previous backup
The Websites + Marketing website editor saves every change as you work. It automatically makes backups when major changes occur, such as changing your theme, publishing your site or deleting a section. Some people like to create manual backups as well (also saved in your Site History).
- Go to your GoDaddy product page.
- Scroll to Websites + Marketing and select Manage next to your site to open your site.
- Select Edit Website or Edit Site to open your website builder.
- Select Settings, then Site History.
- Hover over the backup you'd like to restore and select Restore. Once you've restored your content, the website builder will show a confirmation message and the page will refresh.
- Use Preview to see the results and when you're ready to make the changes public, publish your site.
- If you published your website by mistake, we have instructions and options for you to unpublish your site.
- Your changes are saved as you work, and backups created automatically. However, you may still manually create a site back-up.
- If you want to start over again from the beginning, here's how to reset your site.