Remove WordPress readme file
|Verify WordPress is up-to-date||Make the WordPress version private|
|Block PHP in directories||Remove WordPress readme file|
|Enable DISSALLOW_FILE_EDIT in WordPress|
A readme file containing your WordPress version is bundled with every install. To help prevent malicious visitors from knowing which version you are running, it's important that you remove this file.
- You should always backup your site before making any changes.
- Log in to WordPress.
- Go to Sucuri Security > Settings.
- Click on the Hardening tab.
- Find the section labled Information Leakage.
- If the section is red, click on the Apply Hardening button.
You have now prevented detailed information about your WordPress site being exposed.
- Return to Install and setup Sucuri security plugin in WordPress.
- For more information about our premium support for WordPress, please visit our WP Premium Support Catalog.