Remove a domain from Linux Hosting
Follow these steps to remove a domain from your Linux Hosting account. How you remove it depends on whether it's the primary or a secondary or addon domain on the account.
- If it's the primary domain for the account, you can either cancel the domain completely or change the primary domain for the account.
- If it's a secondary or addon domain name for the account, follow these steps to remove it.
- Go to your GoDaddy product page.
- Under Web Hosting, next to the Linux Hosting account you want to use, click Manage.
- In the account Dashboard, click cPanel Admin.
- In the cPanel Home page, in the Domains section, click Addon Domains.
- In the Addon Domains section, next to the domain you want to remove, in the Actions column, click the trash can.
- Click Remove. cPanel removes the addon domain from the account.
Removing a domain name from your hosting account lets you:
- Make a different domain the primary domain name of this hosting account.
- Add the domain name you removed to another hosting account.
When you delete domain names, it can take up to 24 hours before you can add it to another account.
Warning: When you delete the domain name from your hosting account, any associated email addresses that you created in the cPanel dashboard will also be removed.