Plesk Linux IP Address Configuration with Cisco PIX 501 or ASA 5505 Hardware Firewall
To Change Server IP Addresses
- Connect to your server via SSH (more info).
- Switch to the root user (more info).
- To create a mapfile of your IPs, run the following command:
- Using an editor (nano or vi, for example) to edit the mapfile, remap the public IP address to the internal IP address with the following command, where 188.8.131.52 is the public IP and 10.0.0.1 is the internal IP:
eth0:184.108.40.206 255.255.255.255 -> eth0:10.0.0.1 255.255.255.255
- Run the following to read your mapfile and reconfigure Parallels Plesk Panel IP Addresses:
Note: IP address allocation is monitored. Attempting to add IP addresses to your server that have not been purchased is a violation of your terms of service agreement and may result in the suspension of your account.