Move a section to another page
Move a section from one page to another in your website. This can be particularly handy as your site grows, and you need to reorganize it. It's also useful for moving a section that you've duplicated.
- Go to your GoDaddy product page.
- Scroll to Websites + Marketing and select Manage next to your website to open your site.
- Select Edit Website or Edit Site to open your website builder.
- Hover over the section you want to move. In the menu that appears, select the Settings menu. In the mobile app, select Content then the menu.
- Select Move Section
- Choose the page you want the section to move to, then select Move.
- A Moved confirmation briefly appears with a link to the destination page.
- To see your section, go to the page you moved it to. Your section is at the bottom of the new page. Hover over the section and use the arrows to adjust the section’s position on the page. In the mobile app, select Content then use the horizontal lines to move the section to the new location.
- Select Done when you’re finished.
- Your changes are saved automatically. Use Preview to see the results and when you're ready to make the changes public, publish your site.
- Customize your site section. You also may change the section layout or duplicate the section.
- Add a page or private page if you need a new page to move your section to. You can also reorder your pages or make your pages into a drop-down menu.
- Continue customizing your page by adding a section. Websites + Marketing has lots of specialized sections such as PDF viewers, price lists or menu sections for restaurants, real estate listings, Soundcloud audio tracks, links to YouTube videos, etc. You can even upload your own videos to your header and to some sections, or ask people to subscribe to your email list.
- Read more about customizing content in the Get Online guide to setting up your website.