Mac: Install Skype for Business (Lync)
You should already have Skype for Business (Lync) installed on your Mac if your organization installed Office for Mac Standard 2011 on or after October 1, 2011. If not, you will need to install the update.
- Log in to your Office 365 Account Manager.
- Click Download Desktop Applications from your dashboard.
- Click Skype for Business from the left menu.
- Click Install under Skype for Business. You will download the file Lync_Mac_2011_ALL.dmg.
- You also need to download the update, so click on the Lync for Mac 2011 update link. You will be redirected to a Microsoft page, to download Update for Lync for Mac 2011 - KB3037358 .
- Click the red Download button, to download the file lync_14.0.11_150403.dmg.
- Open the first download, and follow installation instructions. Then open the second download, and follow those installation instructions.
- Launch the Lync application and follow the Set up directions listed on the Office 365 Skype for Business page.
Note: If you don't see the Download option, click the Launch Office 365 button. Then click on the (Settings) icon and select Office 365 settings. Click Software from the left menu.