Linux permissions definitions
There are two types of general permissions and three types of advanced permissions you can specify for Linux shared hosting directories. Advanced permissions can be set for both directory users (website visitors) and owners (website administrators).
- Web Visible: Permits users to browse files and directories through a Web browser.
- Executable: Permits the execution of scripts.
- Read: Permits anonymous viewing of directory content through a Web browser. If read permissions are not granted, FTP credentials must be provided to view directory content.
- Write: Permits anonymous modification of directory contents.
- Execute: Permits the execution of scripts.
- Change your file permissions in cPanel hosting.