Improving the SEO
You can add meta tag information to your Quick Shopping Cart products and categories. Meta tags can help improve your site's search engine optimization (SEO), making it easier for potential customers to locate your product using search engines.
Note: To add meta tags to the home page of your Quick Shopping Cart site, see Using meta tags for promotion.
- Log in to your Account Manager.
- Click Quick Shopping Cart.
- In the Quick Shopping Cart Account list, click Manage next to the Quick Shopping Cart account you want to use.
- From the Manage menu, do one of the following:
- Select Categories, click the category you want to edit, and then click Edit Category.
- Select Add Category to add a new category that includes meta tags.
- Select Products, then click the product you want to edit. Click the Search Optimization tab.
- Select Add Products to add a new product that includes meta tags.
- In the Search Engine Optimization section, complete the following:
Meta Tag Title
Title meta tags display at the top of the browser window. It also displays in the search results as the linked title to your Web page. The meta tag title should include keywords that will help people locate your store.Meta Tag Description
Description meta tags should be a sentence describing or summarizing the product or category. Some search engines pick up on this content and display it below the title meta tag.Meta Tag Keywords
Keyword meta tags should list the words or phrases that describe the product or category of products your are selling. Separate keywords using a comma.
- Click Submit.