How can I report fraudulent charges?
At GoDaddy, we take claims of fraudulent charges seriously. Reports of fraudulent charges are researched through customer support and delivered to our fraud detection experts for processing. If you have identified an unknown charge, keep in mind the following scenarios:
- Have you purchased anything from GoDaddy in the last 3 to 5 years? If so, your products may have been set to auto-renew. If you have a GoDaddy account, you can access your full order history and review all items currently set for auto renewal within your account.
- Was this order placed by a business partner, family member, friend, or co-worker with access to your card number or GoDaddy account?
- Are there additional cards that are associated with the credit or debit account? If so, you may want to ensure the order wasn’t placed by any additional card holders.
If you've ruled out all of the above, we'll be happy to research further.
What we need from you and how to contact us
Please be prepared to provide these items to aid us in researching your claim:
- Any known GoDaddy accounts
- The date and amount of the charge
- Authorization Code or Order Number, if available
- For credit card-specific charges: credit card number
- For PayPal-specific charges: Transaction ID for the transaction in question, PayPal email address, and PayPal Billing Agreement ID
Please reach out to our customer support in your area.