Get an authorization code to transfer expired domains
Looks like you're not logged in. If you log in above (under ), we can save you a couple of steps.
If you want to transfer your expired domain to another company, you might need an authorization code (also known as EPP codes or transfer keys) to verify you own the domain name.
To get an authorization code, you'll want to verify the Administrative contact's email address (because that's where we'll send the authorization code) and then request the authorization code. Here's how:
- Go to the Domain Settings page.
- On the Domain Settings page, under Contact Information, make sure all the information is correct. The authorization code will be sent to the Administrative contact's email address.
- At the top of your account, click the Domains menu and select Expired Domains.
- Select the domain names to email authorization codes for, click Email Authorization, and then click OK.
- Check your email. The authorization code will be sent to the administrative contact within 24 hours.
Note: If you don't see the Administrative contact's information, click Edit, and then uncheck Use for all contact types. If you have a .au domain name, we'll send the authorization code to the Registrant contact's email address.
Note: You won't be able to transfer your domain for a 60-day period if you change the Organization name for the registrant contact, or if you change the First name and Last name for the registrant contact if an organization isn't the legal registrant for your domain name.