Generate an API key to protect Sucuri audit logs
Connect your website to the Sucuri service by generating a free API key. That way, you can prevent malicious visitors from deleting Sucuri audit logs.
Required: You must install the Sucuri Security plugin before you follow these steps.
- Sign in to WordPress.
- In the left-side menu, select Sucuri Security > Settings.
- In the top menu, select Generate API Key.
- Optional: if you have more than one admin user, choose a primary e-mail from the E-MAIL field.
Protect your website further by activating the other Sucuri Security options:
- Make your WordPress version private with the Sucuri Security plugin
- Block PHP files with the Sucuri Security plugin
- Remove the WordPress readme file with the Sucuri Security plugin
- Disable the theme and plugin editor in WordPress with the Sucuri Security plugin
- Use the Sucuri Security plugin to protect my WordPress website
- Secure my WordPress site
- If you don't want to deal with website security yourself, we have a GoDaddy paid website security service that can take care of that for you. The service also includes a site cleanup.