Exporting my information from Outlook 2007 and 2010
Outlook® stores all of an email address' emails, calendar information, contacts, tasks, and notes in a
PST file. You can export the
PST file from your current address, and then import it into your new address after it's been set up.
You cannot export contacts in your Hosted Exchange Email account's Global Address List and must manually recreate them.
To Export Your Outlook Information
- Outlook 2007 — From the File menu, select Import and Export.
- Outlook 2010 — Go to the File tab, click Options, click Advanced, and then click Export.
- Select Export to a file, and then click Next.
- Select Outlook Data File (.pst).
- Select your email address, select Include subfolders, and then click Next.
- Select where you want to create the
PSTfile, select Replace duplicates with items exported, and then click Finish.
- (Optional) Enter a password.
- Click OK.
You can now import the PST file. For more information, see Importing Your Information into Outlook.