Encrypting and Decrypting Files in Online Storage
Online Storage lets you encrypt files by creating passwords that must be entered to view them.
To Encrypt Files
- Log in to Online Storage.
- Select the files you want to encrypt.
- Right-click the file, and then select Encrypt.
- In the Encrypt Files window, complete the following:
- Encryption password and Confirm encryption password — Enter the password you want to require to open the file.
- Password hint — Specify a hint to remind you of the encryption password.
- In the Password hint field, specify a hint that will remind you of the password.
- Click OK.
To Decrypt Files
- Double-click the encrypted file.
- Enter the encryption password, and then click OK.
You cannot reset or change encryption passwords without first decrypting the file. If you forget or lose your encryption password, you cannot access the file.