Email migration: Set up my Outlook 2016 email (Mac)
After you complete your email migration, you’re ready to add your email to Outlook 2016 for Mac. To make sure your emails are on a server and can be recovered, first add your account to Exchange before removing your previous email account.
- Open Outlook. (Don't have the app? Here's how to download it.)
- Select Outlook > Preferences.
- Select Accounts.
- Select + (plus) > New account.
- Enter your email address and Continue.
- Enter your password and Sign In.
- Select Done. Your email account is now added and you can close out of the Accounts window.
- Compare your accounts to make sure that all emails are present. If your email is missing data, move your email from your POP or IMAP account to your Exchange email account.
- Once your account has been added as Exchange and no email is missing, it's now safe to remove the POP or IMAP account.
Note: As a courtesy, we provide information about how to use certain third-party products, but we don't endorse or directly support third-party products and we're not responsible for the functions or reliability of such products. Microsoft Outlook® and Outlook Express® are registered trademarks of Microsoft Corporation in the United States and/or other countries. All rights reserved.