Edit an MX record
Edit your MX (Mail Exchanger) records in your DNS zone file to change how your domain manages email delivery. Changing your MX records may temporarily interrupt your current email service.
- Sign in to your GoDaddy Domain Control Center. (Need help logging in? Find your username or password.)
- Select your domain to access the Domain Settings page.
- Select Manage DNS to access your zone file.
- Select Edit next to the MX record you want to edit. A domain can only use one email service at a time. For example, you can use Microsoft 365 or Google email on a domain, but you can't use both email services on the same domain.
- Edit the details for your MX record:
- Name: The domain or subdomain for the MX record. Use @ to deliver email to your root domain, or use a subdomain such as www or mail.
- Priority: The order in which the record is evaluated and used. Lower priorities will be read before higher priorities.
- Value: The mail server's address, such as smtp.secureserver.net.
- TTL: How long the server should cache information. The default setting is 1 hour.
- Select Save to complete your changes.
Most DNS updates take effect within an hour, but could take up to 48 hours to update globally.
- Confirm your MX records are set up correctly by sending yourself a test email. Remember, DNS changes can take up to 48 hours to take effect.
- Delete or add an MX record at any time.