Download files from Website Builder version 6
Any non-photo file won’t be included in the transition tool from Website Builder version 6 to Website Builder. Here’s how to download your files from your old site and add them to your new site.
- Go to your GoDaddy product page.
- Scroll to Website Builder and select Manage next to your website to open your site.
- Select Edit Website to open the new website builder.
- Select the Website Builder menu in the upper left, then select Website Builder V6. This will open your old site editor in a new tab.
- Select Upload Files at the bottom.
- In the Files tab, select the filename to start it downloading. Files must be downloaded individually and cannot be bulk downloaded.
- Once you’re finished downloading all your files, then add downloadable files or PDFs to your new Website Builder site.
Note: Once you initiate transition, your site is called Websites + Marketing followed by your plan name (e.g., Websites + Marketing Standard). Previously, your site contained Website Builder in your plan name title (e.g., Business Plus Website Builder) However, your site URL remains the same.
- Follow the process to import your content from Website Builder version 6 to Website Builder.
- Photos from your site were automatically imported to your new Website Builder site, but you may need to download your pictures from standalone Photo Albums.
- See answers to frequently asked questions about the move from Website Builder version 6 to Website Builder.