Change Workspace Email settings from POP to IMAP
To switch your email from POP to IMAP settings, update your account type in your email client or set up the account using IMAP. The account type can’t be changed for some clients, including Apple Mail, Outlook 2010, Outlook 2013, Outlook 2016, and Thunderbird. To use IMAP with these clients, you’ll set up the account with your incoming and outgoing servers.
- Sign in to Webmail. Use your Workspace Email address and password (your GoDaddy username and password won't work here).
- If you aren't already, switch to Classic View.
- From the Help menu, select Email Setup Center.
- Under Email Server Settings, you’ll see your incoming and outgoing server settings.
- In your email client, locate the account settings and enter the following:
- Incoming Mail Server: Your incoming IMAP server
- Outgoing Mail Server: Your outgoing SMTP server
- Incoming Port: 143 (without SSL) or 993 (with SSL)
- Outgoing Port: 25, 80, or 3535 (without SSL); 465 or 587 (with SSL)
Note: If you created mail folders in your POP account, you'll need to recreate them in your IMAP account.