Change the footer
Footers can help guide visitors by adding information and navigational options to the bottom of your site. Since footers are displayed on all your website pages, it's a good place to add important content like social media links, terms of service or contact info.
Note: You can't add an image to the footer.
This video is part of the How-To series for Build Your Own Website.
- Go to your GoDaddy product page.
- Scroll to Website Builder and select Manage next to your website to open your site.
- Select Edit Website or Edit Site to open your website builder.
- In your website editor, select anywhere in the Footer at the bottom of your site to open the panel and make your changes. Some of the features you can customize include:
- Layout: Choose which format you want to use. Some layouts are larger to inlcude your address and phone number, and some are more compact.
- Accent: Choose your theme color, black or white.
- Text: Customize your copyright information and your footer note. Copyright text can be linked to another page, another URL, a phone number or an email.
- Social accounts: Add links to your social media accounts.
- Site navigation: View your pages. If you'd like a page to show in the footer navigation, then change the page settings.
- After you change your page settings, you may need to reorder your pages in the navigation. Drop down menus are only available in the header.
- Learn more about managing private website pages, including adding website members one at a time, adding multiple website members and deleting website members.
- You may also want to update your site color or change your site's font.