Change the domain on my Managed WordPress website
- If the domain (or any of its subdomains) is in use by another hosting account, you need to remove it from that account first (cPanel / Plesk).
- If you have an SSL certificate applied to your hosting account, uninstall it before you change your primary hosted domain.
You can change the domain name of your Managed WordPress website.
- Go to your GoDaddy product page.
- In your My Products page, next to Managed WordPress, select Manage All.
- For the website that uses the domain you want to change, select the menu and then select Settings.
- In the Domains section, select Add, and then select New primary domain.
- Under Choose where to publish, select the domain from the domains in your GoDaddy account.
- (Optional) If you're using a domain that is not registered in the same GoDaddy account, select Use a different domain. In the field provided, fill in the domain you want to use (for example, coolexample.com).
- Select Continue.
If the domain you're using is in the same GoDaddy account, we'll update the DNS for you.
- If your domain is registered in another GoDaddy account, you need to log in to that account and update the DNS A record with the IP address provided.
- If the domain is not registered with GoDaddy, you should log in to your domain registrar to update the DNS A record with the IP address provided.
Note: Because it can take up to 24-48 hours for the DNS to change, you may not see your new domain for that long.