Change the domain in my Linux Hosting account
Here's how to change the primary domain name on your Linux Hosting account. After you make the change, allow up to 24 hours for your change to take effect.
Before you follow these steps:
- If you've already added the domain name you want to use as an Alias, Redirect, or Addon domain, you need to remove it first.
- Remove any subdomains of your primary domain name.
Got those taken care of? Let's change that domain name.
- Go to your GoDaddy product page.
- Under Web Hosting, next to the Linux Hosting account you want to use, click Manage.
- In the account Dashboard, in the Settings section, next to Primary Domain, click Change.
- Select or enter the domain you want to use, and then click Change Domain.
- If the domain you want to use isn't in the same GoDaddy account, you need to change the domain's A record to point it to your hosting IP address.
- WordPress® installations can break when you change your primary domain. If this happens, see these WordPress instructions.