Change or reset my Microsoft 365 password
If you lost or forgot your Microsoft 365 password, you can change or reset it. Send a password reset email to yourself (using another email address associated with your account), or to the account administrator.
If you're the account administrator, change your password directly.
- Go to your
Microsoft 365 sign-in page.
- Under Sign In, select the password link.
- Enter your email address and select Continue.
- Choose an account and select Send Email. A password reset email will be sent in a few minutes.
- Open the email and select Reset Your Password.
- Enter a New password and Confirm password, and then select Submit. You can now sign in to your account with your new password!
Note: If you don't have access to another email account, select the account administrator option. A password reset request will be sent to the account admin who can give you a temporary password.