Change API credentials for WooCommerce PayPal Standard payment method
In this article, we'll show you how to change the API credentials for the WooCommerce PayPal Payments plugin. Kindly note that this process is most often done either as a troubleshooting step or as a security measure.
In order to change the API credentials for the WooCommerce PayPal Stanard payment method:
- Navigate to your PayPal.com account.
- On the upper right side of the page, click on the Settings (Gear Icon) > Account Settings > API Access.
- Select NVP/SOAP API integration (Classic) > Manage API Credentials.
- Since you've already created the API signature in the past, in this page you'll find the signature's information. You'll need to click on the Remove button on the bottom of the page to proceed.
- Then, click on the Remove button again in the next page.
- Once you click remove the second time, you'll get redirected back to the API Access page where you’d then head to Manage API credentials again
- After clicking on that, make sure to click on the Agree & Submit button on the next screen to generate the new API credential.
- Now that you've recreated the API credential, sign in to your GoDaddy account and open your product. (Need help opening your product?)
- Navigate to the WooCommerce > Settings > Payments page.
- Select the PayPal Standard payment method.
- In the next page, you'll need to scroll down a bit until you find the API credentials section.
- There, you'll see the Live API username, Live API password, and Live API signature fields. You'll need to change all of them.
- Double-check that the new credentials are correct. This is a very important step as wrong API credentials can cause errors for your customers and not allow them to procceed with purchases.
- Select the Save changes button.
- (Optional) Try placing a live order to ensure that the change is working as expected.
- Change API credentials for the WooCommerce Stripe plugin
- Change API credentials for the PayPal Payments plugin
- Checkout the full documentation for the WooCommerce PayPal Standard payment method if you have more questions.