Approve my registrant contact updates
Keeping your domain contact information up-to-date is a vital part of maintaining your online presence. If you make changes to the registrant organization, name or email address, ICANN requires your approval of the changes. We'll send you an email with a link to complete the approval, and the type of update you make determines where you'll receive the email.
If you changed the registrant...
- Organization, First Name or Last Name, the approval email goes to the current registrant email address listed on the domain name and to the account email address. You'll only get one email if these addresses match.
- Email Address, the approval email goes to the current registrant email address listed on the domain name and to the account email address. You'll only get one email if these addresses match. Once you approve the change, a final approval email will be sent to the new email address.
Complete the approval process using the emails we sent.
- In the approval email, click Review and Approve the Update. (Can't find this email? Approval emails are sent to the current registrant and/or shopper email address.)
- Review the changes to the contact information.
- Choose to opt-in or opt-out of the voluntary 60-day transfer lock. GoDaddy recommends the lock to help keep the domain secure in your account.
Note: .au domains are not subject to the 60-day transfer lock.
- Click Yes, Update Contact Information.
- If you updated the registrant email address, the new email address will also receive an approval email. Click the link in the email and approve the changes to complete the updates.
These emails will expire after 5 days. If you don't complete the approval process within 5 days, your updates will not be completed and you'll need to update the contact info again.
- Keep your domain active and avoid expiration by turning on auto renew.