Allow or block website access
Website Security firewall can allow or block IP addresses from accessing your site.
- Allow IP Addresses aren't blocked by firewall security rules that restrict access by IP address to WordPress administration panels like administrator or wp-admin.
- Block IP Addresses blocks all access to your website from the IP address.
Note: It's helpful to clear the cache after allowing or blocking an IP address.
- Go to your GoDaddy product page.
- Under Website Security and Backups, next to the Website Security account you want to manage, select Manage.
- In the menu bar, select Firewall.
- Open Access Control.
- If you have only one domain, select Settings and then select Access Control.
- If you have multiple domains, select the gear icon for the domain you want to configure and then select Access Control.
- Select Allow IP Addresses to allow an address, or select Block IP Addresses to block an IP address.
- Type the IP address into the Add new IP… text box, and then select how long you want to allow or block the address.
Note: If you have multiple domains and want to allow or block this IP address for all your domains, select Apply changes to all domains.
- Select Allow or Block to add the address to the list.
Note: If you have multiple domains protected by Website Security you can quickly allow or block an IP address for a single domain.
Follow steps 1 through 3 above, select IP Access Control for the domain, type the IP address in the add an ip... text box and then select Blocklist or Allowlist to block or allow access from the IP address.