Add Private Registration
You can add Private Registration to your domains and hide your personal contact information in the WHOIS directory. This helps protect you from hackers, hijackers and data miners looking for your information in the WHOIS directory. If you're in the EU, you don't need domain privacy due to GDPR regulations.
- Log in to your GoDaddy Domain Control Center. (Need help logging in? Find your username or password.)
- Check the box next to the domain(s) you want to add Private Registration to. Or, click the check mark icon and Select All.
- Select Ownership then Protect Domains.
- Click Add to Selected Domains next to Privacy. Or, review if Domain Ownership Protection is right for you.
- Select Buy and complete checkout.
Note: It can take 24-48 hours for your updated contact information to display in the Whois database.
- After Private Registration is added to your domain, we create a private, unique email address. You can setup this email address to have it forward messages to your preferred email account.
- Some domain names, such as ccTLDs, may have special requirements for Private Registration.