Add my Office 365 email address to Outlook using the Outlook Setup Assistant (Windows)
Use the Outlook Setup Assistant tool to automatically set up your email in Outlook.
- Download the Outlook Setup Assistant tool.
Note: The Outlook Assistant tool will only work on Windows using Outlook 2010 or later.
- Open the downloaded file, called Outlook_Setup_Assistant_installation.exe and click Run.
- Click Install.
- Enter your Office 365 email address and password, and click Next.
- Enter your same Office 365 login credentials in the dialog box that appears, and click OK.
Note: Outlook may open in the background; please wait on the Outlook Setup Assistant window until you see the Success!... screen.
- Check the box that says Automatically remove the Outlook Setup app on close (uninstall), and click Close.
- On the Installation window in the background, click Close.
- Your Outlook should be ready to use! Try sending a test email, to be sure everything is working.
- Where did my other Outlook profile go? It's still there, set Outlook to prompt for a profile.
- The automatic setup didn't work, what should I do? Try manually configuring Outlook.