Add logo to my website header
Your logo represents you and your business at the top of every page. Start with a simple word logo, then later add an image logo. Some people choose to keep the text logo even though they have an image logo. The logo is linked automatically to your site's home page. Read tips on setting up your visual brand.
- Go to your GoDaddy product page.
- Scroll to Website Builder and select Manage next to your website to open your site.
- Select Edit Website or Edit Site to open your website builder.
- Select any blank area or text in your Header section (the first, top section on your Home page).
- Select Logo in the right-hand editor pane.
- Edit the text used as your logo, change the font, or change the alignment. (Changing the logo font is separate from changing your site font.)
- Alternately, upload your logo image. Zoom in or out on your image, change your image and choose the background color. Changing the logo alignment also changes the top menu elements.
- Logos taller than 104 pixels will overhang the top navigation bar on the front page but be resized smaller on other pages.
- Only png file types allow for transparent backgrounds. All other image file types have a solid background.
- Once you have your logo set, then add a favicon (the small image in the tab of your browser).
- You may want to change your footer after changing the look and feel of your header with your logo.
- Consider changing your theme to showcase your word or image logo better, or if you've changed the logo alignment from left to center. Remember each theme has a name, and selecting a theme will automatically apply it (and create a save point).
- If you don't like your changes, you can always restore your website.
Note: We offer a Logo Design service where our experienced designers help you create a logo to match your preferences, business and style.