Add favicon to my website
A favicon (short for favorites icon) helps your site stand out amid the competition by displaying a small image in your visitors' web browser tab. It will also appear in a browser's list of favorite or bookmarked pages.
Note: Did you see me when you signed in?
If so, you're using a revamped New Website Builder with most tools moved to one spot. On mobile screens, they're in a row at the bottom. On desktops/tablets, they're on the right. For more info, see Compare tools in current and previous versions.
- Log in to your GoDaddy account and open your product. (Need help opening your product?)
- Click Edit/Edit Site
- Click the three-bar button at the top left.
- Click Settings.
- Click Favicon.
- In the Favicon panel, click Upload and navigate to the image you want to use.
Note: The image should be no more than 180 pixels square and easy to see even when small.
- When you're finished, click Preview to see the results, and, if you like, buy a new domain or use another of your domains.
- When you're ready to make the changes public, click Publish Site (mobile phone) or Publish (desktop/tablet).
- Click Visit Site to see the site's Favicon in your web browser's tab or navigation bar.