You can add domain names to any type of hosting account. However, what you can do with additional domain names depends on the type of hosting account you have. For more information, see What type of hosting account do I have?
|Secondary||Secondary domains have websites that work independently of the primary domain's hosted in separate folders. For more information, see Hosting Multiple Websites on Your Hosting Account.
Available with Deluxe, Premium, Unlimited, and Ultimate accounts.
While we offer unlimited secondary domains on our Deluxe, Premium, Unlimited, and Ultimate shared hosting accounts, we do not recommend using shared hosting for more than ten websites. Doing so taxes the server resources and hinders performance.
|Aliases||Alias domains display the primary domain's website with a different domain name/URL.
Available with all accounts.
- Log in to your GoDaddy account.
- Click Web Hosting.
- Next to the hosting account you want to use, click Manage.
- From the More menu, select Hosted Domains.
- Click Add Domain.
- Enter the domain name in the Domain field.
- Depending on how you want to configure the domain name, do one of the following:
- Secondary — Enter a new or existing folder in the Folder field. This is where you need to upload the domain's website. Warning: Do not enter any spaces in the Folder field.
- Alias — Leave the Folder field blank.
- Secondary — Enter a new or existing folder in the Folder field. This is where you need to upload the domain's website.
- Click OK.
For the domain name to access the hosting account, you must update its DNS. If the domain name and hosting are in...
|Same GoDaddy Account||We automatically update the domain name's DNS. You don't need to do anything!|
|Different GoDaddy Accounts||You need to manually update the DNS. For more information, see What is my website's IP address?.|
|Registered elsewhere||You'll need to update your domain's nameservers. For more information, see Change nameservers for my domains.|
To find product information, please see our web hosting page.