Add a video and images to a blog post
Images and videos not only give your blog post more meaning, they also give your blog post more visual interest.
This video is part of the How-To series for Using a Blog for Your Business.
- Go to your GoDaddy product page.
- Scroll to Websites + Marketing and select Manage next to your website to open your site.
- In your Dashboard, go to Marketing, and then Blog.
- Select Create Post. Or go to an existing post you want to update, hover over the Settings menu and select Edit Post
- With your cursor in the text area, use the + to add images, video or a divider.
- Images: Adding blog post images are similar to adding an image to your website.
- Upload a new image or select from recently added images, royalty-free stock images, collections, social media images, and more. In the upper right corner, search for key words in both your own uploaded images or stock images.
- Once you've chosen your image, select Insert.
- Zoom in on your image and select the alignment. Then choose to add a caption and describe the image for SEO and accessibility. Finally, you can link a blog post image to a URL.
- Video: Paste the URL of your video in the box. If you've uploaded a video to your Media Library, you can find the link in your Vimeo account.
- Dividers: Dividers are simple lines that give a visual separation between two sections. To remove a divider, select the dividing line and press the Backspace or Delete key on your keyboard.
- Select Done if you added an image or a video.
- Continue creating your blog post.
- Read your post once again to check for spelling error and that it makes sense.
- Once you're ready to share your post with the world, select Publish or Set Publish Date. When the confirmation window appears, you can select View Post to see how it looks to your blog's visitors.
- Learn more about GoDaddy's partnership with Vimeo and how to connect your GoDaddy and Vimeo accounts.
- Create professional-looking images, no design experience necessary.
- Remember to add a blog post section to your site so people can read your posts.
- Remember to add a category to your post. Categories allow you to create multiple blogs on your site.