Add a banner image
The banner image is the graphic that goes right at the top of your email campaign. It's your reader's first impression, so you want your banner image to fit your company brand, or your newsletter’s vibe. You can often grab something from your own archives, but if you don’t have anything readily available there are plenty of free resources out there. If you're starting with a raw image, consider spending some time in your favorite image editor cropping, and adding text. You want your banner image to capture the right tone.
Note: Save your image to 590 pixels wide for the most efficient rendering and loading. The height of the banner is up to you.
- If you haven't already, log in to your GoDaddy Email Marketing account. (Need help logging in?)
- In your GoDaddy Email Marketing account, click Campaigns.
- Click Edit under the campaign you want to work on, or Compose to create a new campaign.
- In the sidebar, under the Images, click Add an image to find your banner image file.
- Locate and open the image file you want as your banner. Click Upload Image.
- Once the image is uploaded, you'll see a thumbnail of the image in the Images sidebar. Drag the image from the sidebar and drop it onto the banner area.
- You'll be prompted to add a link to your banner image. It's highly recommended that you make your banner clickable. Enter your URL, and click Save.
- Click Save at the top or bottom of the composer page, to save your progress.
- Click Preview in the top right corner, to see your campaign as your readers will see it.
Note: Create a professional-looking image using the Content Creator. The best dimensions are 590 x 175 pixels. When you're done designing, save your image as a PNG file.
We always recommend using a banner images, but if you have a campaign that calls for something a little different, you can skip the banner image by leaving the banner space blank. Your campaign will start at the first module in your layout, and won't display anything for a banner.