New

GoCentral Inventory Tracking

Haven't visited my story recently and just tried adding product. GoCentral is forcing my inventory counts all to 1, but I don't track inventory. That option is no longer there. I don't use any marketplace so why am I now being forced to track what I don't want to manage? Was there an update that changed this, as it used to have the option to turn off inventory tracking?

Community Manager
Community Manager

Re: GoCentral Inventory Tracking

Hi @Evtech. To clarify, are you saying that when you disable inventory tracking, you're not able to save the product? You should be able to switch off tracking on the Inventory & Options tab when you're editing a product (see below). 

GC-Inventory.gif

JesseW - GoDaddy | Community Manager | 24/7 support available at x.co/247support | Remember to choose a solution and give kudos.
New

Saying that “turn off inventory tracking” isn’t even an option. Had played with marketplace but never set that up and system seems to be locked into that now.
Community Manager
Community Manager

@Evtech. Ahh I see. Yes, apparently when you enable the marketplace integration, it removes the option to disable inventory tracking. At this point, only our developers would be able to change that setting back for you. If you haven't already done so, I'd suggest getting in touch with our customer care so they can get your request escalated. Sorry Man Sad

JesseW - GoDaddy | Community Manager | 24/7 support available at x.co/247support | Remember to choose a solution and give kudos.

Curious if you got this squared away? Just tonight I clicked the banner about integrating Etsy, amazon, etc. all into the same place, just for more info, and since then my quantities are all messed up too. And it’s assigned sku’s to everything. I don’t track inventory so having to go through every single listings and adjust it so it doesn’t show as negative, is really going to be a pain. I just want to be able to turn off tracking!
New

I did. Had to call support then they did a trouble ticket. They had to go in and disconnect the marketplace (that I didn’t know I had activated). Bad news was that I had to go back in and touch each product still.

Ok thanks! I was on the phone with customer support for several hours the other night about it, and they acted as if there was nothing that could be done. They kept telling me I HAD to track inventory, that it’s been that way for a while now. Then I saw your post and knew it had to have been from that marketplace banner I clicked because it all happened that night after it was clicked. Even though I didn’t complete anything. The screen actually showed as loading for about 30 seconds after I clicked “get started” so I just exited off the screen because it was taking forever. But apparently a lot happened in that 30 seconds 😩

I still haven’t heard back from the supervisor I talked with but ended up going through almost 200 products and removing all the ”options” and adding everything as an “add on” so I didn’t have to input quantities on each size listed. Only 200 more to tackle today!
Helper V

@Stitched @Evtech @JesseW Just to give you further insight, "track inventory" is tied to other functions. If you don't track inventory, a customer can add items to the cart and check out even if you are out of the item. For some stores, this is not what they want. You may want to track inventory but set it at 0 or 1, because then the customer will see in the product description the quantity you have on hand. "Do not track inventory" probably works best for sellers who make custom items one at a time.

Yeah I make everything to order so “do not track inventory” has always been what I used. But that option is gone now.
Helper V

Yes, it's been moved to the product level so people can track some items and not others. It's been a benefit to me. Sorry it's not what you needed...