cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

can i disable mod_security?

I've been having wierd issues on my forums and it seems to be always  pointing the the hosting plan, I have a licence for Invision Power Board (which is one or if not the best forums software on the market) Although my hosting is often the issue it crashes all the time and at the price I pay for my hosting plan it should crashed everytime I try to put an update or edit it.
Here's an email i sent to Invision
Can't edit themes or add a new one
And I get this message after 
An appropriate representation of the requested resource /community/boothpanel/ could not be found on this server.
Additionally, a 406 Not Acceptable error was encountered while trying to use an ErrorDocument to handle the request.

I'm also transfering my forums to my new url, what are the steps that I need to do so that everything runs smooth for me?
Thanks.

Sincerely,

Luc Wolfe
Here's Invision Response
Hello,
It looks like these may be being blocked by mod_security on your server. I would suggest disabling this, and testing again. If this then works, as I suspect it will, you would need to contact your hosting company for assistance on preventing items being blocked on your site.
Kind Regards,

2 REPLIES 2

Re: can i disable mod_security?

Hey @wolfe23,

First let me say welcome to the community! Smiley Happy

Mod_security cannot be disabled on our shared cPanel hosting environment. If you're encountering errors that the developer believes to be related to this module, then you'll need to reach out to our live support so our hosting team can assist investigating the specific issues causing this. They may be able to make adjustments or suggest a work around to help. 

Let us know what they find. 

CG - GoDaddy | Community Moderator
24/7 support available at x.co/247support

Error 406 when Youtube iframe Embedding

Hello ,Dear godaddy Helpers

Help!

Today I have a problem when I submit  Youtube  iframe Embedding Code. I find out same problem just <iframe> code  insert .

In addition, I used godaddy the whole year and no any problem for Embedding Youtube code

in my pages.

page errors as below:

An appropriate representation of the requested resource adminn/cmsupload.php could not be found on this server.

Additionally, a 406 Not Acceptable error was encountered while trying to use an ErrorDocument to handle the request.

Any help that might help solve the problem would be greatly appreciated.