cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Go to solution

cPanel Full File Usage?

Hello, anybody here has the same problem as mine? my current cpanel file usage is almost full, I tried upgrading my hosting but still full. Im having trouble contacting their customer support. Can you help me fix this please! Thank you.

10 REPLIES 10

Re: Full File Usage

I'm having the same issue. I erase files and my File Usage number keeps jumping. It's been fine for years and now all the sudden it's peaking? Seems like there's something fishy going on...

Solution

Hey @mweber01@AnthonyJohn,

Have either of you worked out this issue with our live support? Sometimes the file usage reported takes a little time to update in the control panel, but if it's still going up instead of down after removing files then our hosting team would need to take a closer look into what is happening. 

Let us know if either of you managed to work this out already. I'm sure fellow members here would appreciate knowing the solution in the end. Smiley Happy

CG - GoDaddy | Community Moderator
24/7 support available at x.co/247support
Solution

Yes I was able to figure it out with help from customer support. Had a hacked file in a Wordpress install that was sending bad emails and clogging up my "mail" folder. Thanks for following up!

What was the hacked file?

Please and thank you!

New

Full File Usage?

In cPanel the file usage parameter is growing like crazy, but the actually number of files in FTP are doesn't change at all.

Any idea what is the problem?

Re: Full File Usage?

I save lot of image and now my file usage is full. What options do I have ?

Re: cPanel Full File Usage?

I am facing similar issue right now and I have upgraded my current hosting so as to meet up. But unfortunately the file usage is still the same and no change has been made on my hosting. Please, I need quick help on this.

Solution

Just delete all unwanted files on your account and go to view trash and click empty trash, you will see the tremendous reduction

Cheers

cPanel Full File Usage?

Hello, Our web applications on server are throwing error and seems that the issue is that file usage is 250041 out of 250000 file but this seems to be very strange as we dont have any major file stored on the server and only 1.5 gb space is used. Plz resolve asap.

Helper V
Helper V
Solution

File Usage and Disk Usage are different. If you have 1.5 GB Data but all those files are in KB size which also has limitations on servers.

Please give it a +1 and also click "Mark As Accepted Solution" if you find it satisfactory. Thanking You With Regards | Harry Parmar