cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Website transfer from Namecheap to Godaddy

I currently have two WordPress website hosted on Namecheap for a client who has an account on godaddy and want his site transferred to his account on godaddy instead.

I have already downloaded the zip files of both websites including their database files with the help of Namecheap team (fantastic team i must say ). I now want to get the two sites onto the godaddy account and i need help to do this without fuss and attendant downtime on the site. I understand THAT 

1) I need to point the DNS nameservers of the two sites from Namecheap to godaddy

2) Create an ADDON domain for both, install Wordpress on both and then use FTP Client to extract the files and upload them to replace the WP installed 

Is the above the right steps to take? Please i need help to get this done.

Thanks

3 REPLIES 3
Super User II Super User II
Super User II

Re: Website transfer from Namecheap to Godaddy

@Efficacy

That's basically the process depending on the hosting platform which must be cPanel since you mention Add On domains.  

There are a bunch of great migration plugins that do all the heavy lifting for you.  Maybe check those out if you've not moved a site before.

HTH! 😉

Judith
"Many of life's failures are people who did not realize how close they were to success when they gave up." ~Thomas Edison

Thanks will begin the process..but are these the right nameservers for godaddy?

ns77.domaincontrol.com
ns78.domaincontrol.com

Thanks

Super User II Super User II
Super User II

@Efficacy

Your client's account will note which name servers are the correct ones to use.  There is no way for an outside party to know which GoDaddy name servers are the specific ones for any particular hosting account.

If that is what is noted in their account/dashboard for their hosting -- you are good to go.

HTH! 😉

Judith
"Many of life's failures are people who did not realize how close they were to success when they gave up." ~Thomas Edison