cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
New

VPS down for 36 hours

Hi everyone,

My VPS has been dead for almost two days now.

- Requested a power cycle, didn't work

- No SSH access or response of any kind, server is 100% dead

- Chat support couldn't fix anything so they elevated the incident and told me to wait up to 72 hours.

I didn't change any server config before the incident.

You probably won't be able to help me understand what caused the crash, but any ideas on how to speed up GoDaddy's attention to this problem?

3 days offline would mean hundreds of $ lost revenue, not to mention SEO penalties.

Thanks

7 REPLIES 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: VPS down for 36 hours

Hi @cacho,

What is your domain name?

New

Hi @Anonymous; I have about 20 client domains hosted on this VPS.

I'm basically asking about GoDaddy's support, not something specific about a particular site/domain.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@cacho,

well that's a bit of an oxymoron, because instead of just coming on for a rant it would be more productive to contact support if you don't feel anyone can help here!

Rants won't embarrass or bully Godaddy into working faster. In fact that kind of tactic usually has the reverse effect. Support will be working as fast as they can! 

New

Who is ranting here? I'm explaining my situation in detail.

And where did I imply that nobody here can help me? I'm asking if someone had a similar experience dealing with server crashes and support, not to provide me with technical support yourselves.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@cacho wrote:

Hi everyone,

My VPS has been dead for almost two days now.

- Requested a power cycle, didn't work

- No SSH access or response of any kind, server is 100% dead

- Chat support couldn't fix anything so they elevated the incident and told me to wait up to 72 hours.

I didn't change any server config before the incident.

You probably won't be able to help me understand what caused the crash (the bit where you do imply nobody here will probably be able to help) , but any ideas on how to speed up GoDaddy's attention to this problem?

3 days offline would mean hundreds of $ lost revenue, not to mention SEO penalties.

Thanks

Er, a positive attitude?? Smiley Frustrated..........................

New

Man, are you defensive.

I said you probably couldn't help me with understanding the technical reasons for the crash, because you obviously don't have access to the server.

I wanted to hear about similar experiences dealing with Support regarding a server crash. I just thought there would be another take on the subject other than "sit and wait for Support to notice your issue". Guess I was mistaken.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@cacho,

I have a lot more access than you would think............... I can gather a lot of information and from that information make reasonable intelligent guesses.

You could say I was a good hacker. A white hat guy. How do you think most of the guys here helping in the forum actually help? They are the same........... super usersIf they were not, then how would they give clues to the 'technical reasons for the crash'? It's certainly not because we suffer the same problems as most users. How many problems do you see posted by Pro members?

But you seem to have all the answers yourself, so I'll leave you be.

Good luck and best Regards.