cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Problem adding an addon domain

Hello,

I've recently bought a domain and I want to add it as an addon domain to my hosting, but whenever I try to add it I get this error:

(XID 37ptzz) A DNS entry for “mydomain.com” already exists. You must remove this DNS entry from all servers in the DNS cluster to proceed.

I'm a bit confused as to what this means because this has worked previously with other domain names of mine.

Any help would be greatly appreciated, also what happened to live chat support?

3 REPLIES 3
Community Manager
Community Manager

Re: Problem adding an addon domain

Hi @afterburn. Welcome to GoDaddy Community!

Sorry for the delayed response. This is most likely due to adding a domain that's similar to another domain already hosted on your account. When you add a domain in cPanel, it actually creates a subdomain DNS entry (for the account). For example, if you were already hosting 'mydomain.com' and then tried to add 'mydomain.co', the default subdomain for either of these would be 'mydomain'. You can manually edit this to be something different. That should help you resolve the issue (if you're still having it). 

addon domains.jpg

JesseW - GoDaddy | Community Manager | 24/7 support available at x.co/247support | Remember to choose a solution and give kudos.

(XID t574uv) A DNS entry for the domain “natsoft.aption.us” already exists. 

eror geting, what i  do ?
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hello @narender, if you're getting that error and that DNS entry isn't visible on the list of settings, please reach out to our live support teams for assistance.  Thanks.

MPC