cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PHPMyadmin access through cPanel

Hi,

The PHPMYadmin link from CPanel  always brings an interface with an random database user logged in. !

Further, there is no option to logout/login back with different databse login user.

I have created some database logins and I cannot use those....

Is there any way to correct this ?

20 REPLIES 20
Helper V
Helper V

Re: PHPMyadmin access through cPanel

@goancove the cPanel link for PHPMyAdmin should auto log you in as your <cpanel_username>@localhost There is no option to logout.  Your cPanel user should have full access to all databases that were created. if you need to login to a specific user you will need to SSH into your cPanel account and use mysql -u <database_user> -p to login to the database.

Thanks for the reply @oslinux.

<cpanel_username>@localhost which is used for auto-logging should have permissions including dbo.

In my case, I found out that this account does not have certain permission ...for example permission for

show procedure code XXXX

maybe this is something that can be fixed ?

Helper V
Helper V

@goancove Most likely the permissions will not be changed but you would need to contact support and see if they can modify your permissions or fix any issues that prevent you from accessing your databases.

PhpMyAdmin Access Denied

Hi, I am currently getting Access Denied unable to establish a PHP Session. I've checked all my databases and they seem fine anybody know whats going on?

Re: PhpMyAdmin Access Denied

Hey @Gryphon1

Welcome to the community! Smiley Happy

Could you elaborate more on how you're encountering the session error? Without more details, it would be hard for any other member to suggest a solution to help out. 

CG - GoDaddy | Community Moderator
24/7 support available at x.co/247support

Re: PhpMyAdmin Access Denied

The support team managed to fix it for me Smiley Wink something's broke in the CPanel creation causing multiple errors

Access to phpMyAdmin

Hello,
I have a hosting with the CPanel. Now my programmer finished creating the site and asked to send him information: FTP, MySQL and access to phpmyadmin. I created a FTP and MySQL, and gave him the passwords from them. But I can not deal with phpmyadmin.
In the setting I have not found this option. I need help. How can I give him access to phpmyadmin?

Helper V Helper V
Helper V

Re: Access to phpMyAdmin

username and password in mysql and phpmyadmin are the same. All you have to do is give him the link to phpmyadmin.
~Jan Mykhail Hasselbring Web Administrator @ wwwR.us
Email:support@wwwr.us Phone:4435-WWW R US or (443) 599-9787

Smiley Very Happy

LOL

Link from this window?
Screenshot: 

I opened this link in another browser. The system prompts for the password to enter сPanel. Username and pass in mysql was not accepted.

Helper V Helper V
Helper V

I find that really odd... are you able to create another mysql user?

Smiley Very Happy

LOL

Yes I can do it.

This is the link?

Helper V Helper V
Helper V

It should be.

Create another user that has the read and write capabilities to your database and try to login using the new user credentials in that phpmyadmin link

Smiley Very Happy

LOL

I created a new database, as well as a new user with all privileges.

And add it to the database. But the system does not want to accept it.

What went wrong? This is the window?

Helper V Helper V
Helper V

Hi there,

Sorry I didn't see your reply up until now.  Your other option is to convince your developer to join the GoDaddy Pro program.

Otherwise, I can check it out for you.

Smiley Very Happy

LOL
Helper V Helper V
Helper V

I just realized that you're trying to login through cPanel.  I'm not sure if that's the same credentials

Smiley Very Happy

LOL

I just open the PHPMyAdmin link in another browser. refer to the third message, which I noted in red. And this opens a form with input in сPanel.

Tomorrow I will call in support. Thank you.

Can't access DataBase

My site has been down because it can't authenticate to the database.

The one time I've been able to get through to tech support I was told it was because the db was too big.

Problem is, I can't do anything about it until I can access it.

Support did something and said it would be accessible as soon as a change propagated. It still isn't and I can't get through to support.

No email, no online ticketing, live chat that's never available, 30+ minute hold times. How do they stay in business? Go Daddy is holding my data hostage and looks like I can't do anything about it.

Access Denied

I tried to go to phpMyAdmi on databases section.

However, it kept showing like

Access Denied

Unable to establish a PHP session

If you believe that this is in error or inadvertent, contact your system administrator and ask them to review your server settings.

cpaneld/11.58.0.19 Server at a2plcpnl0896.prod.iad2.secureserver.net

Any solution for this?

Re: Access Denied

Does GoDaddy offer Magento server optimisation package? Our GoDaddy server is constantly failing because Magento uses up all the resources on our PureLocal websites , we have the best VPS and would rather optimise than pay lots more for Dedicated server.

Alex007, What was the answer from Support? I'm having the same issue and would like to fix it without having to wait on hold for 2 hours for Support to take my call.