cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
New

Files missing and all webistes down

All files are missing and websites are down. Please help. we have shared hosting with go daddy.

11 REPLIES 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Files missing and all webistes down

Hi @suman1,

Only support will be able to help here. Sorry for your issues.

https://www.godaddy.com/contact-us.aspx

New

y Re: Files missing and all webistes down

I contacted them but they put me on hold and don't support. Why godaddy deleted all our files and not they are not restoring it. I have been calling them again and again but there isn't any help. What do I do now? Wasted around Rs800 on phone calls and our clients are constantly calling us. We are into deep **bleep** by hosting our website on godaddy

Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: y Re: Files missing and all webistes down

Hi @suman1,

Is it possible that you missed a payment for domain or hosting? In which case after a certain grace time your files would have been deleted.

Only support can deal with account specific issues like this. You will have to contact support if you wish to resolve this issue. Pro members are able to issue support tickets on a clients behalf, but only if that person is accepted as a client from that Pro member. Unsolicited or uninvited account access requests sent to Pro members are unlikely to meet with any success. No Pro members are employees of godaddy, but are freelance developers in the main. So I will NOT make that call for you, sorry! 

New

Hi @Anonymous</a>

Thank you for your reply. Godaddy didn't inform about the renewal of hosting to us. We later came to know that 11th oct was the renewal date and 12th all files were deleted.

I was told that as soon as the hosting is renewed files will be restored. Now they are asking for money.  Do you think they will restore files after taking this money from us?

Is it really a good service by godaddy?

Anonymous
Not applicable

@suman1 wrote:

Hi @Anonymous</a>

Thank you for your reply. Godaddy didn't inform about the renewal of hosting to us. We later came to know that 11th oct was the renewal date and 12th all files were deleted.

I was told that as soon as the hosting is renewed files will be restored. Now they are asking for money.  Do you think they will restore files after taking this money from us?

Is it really a good service by godaddy?

Of COURSE they are asking for money!!!

A period of time will avail before your files are no longer available to you, ever! Please settle your debts and if within that time period, Godaddy will restore your services. You will have to speak with support to see if your files are still available, I myself can NOT make any promises as I do not know all the details. Even if I DID know all the details, I am not in any position to make such a promise, only support can do that.

New

You didn't understand my question. there is no money due to pay to goaddy as hosting is already renewed. Before renewal they said files will be restored. Now after we paid they are asking for extra money to restore files.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi @suman1,

It is no good directing your questions here, as nobody here has access to either your files / site or your billing history. We can only give advice here on technical issues, NOT account specific issues, unless we have been granted account access (and only if we want to take you on as a client).

So please get in touch with support as it's possible a mistake has been made. Explain that you believe a payment has already been accepted, it could also be that the payment wasn't completed for some reason.

Incidentally, what is your domain name, I can make a few checks.

New

now mf goaddy is not allowing us to post what the hell godaddy think of themselves. we will throw them out from india

Anonymous
Not applicable

@suman1,

I think you are misunderstanding several issues here.

1. Nobody here works in support!!
  2. Therefore we do not have access to your account or site files.
  3. Letting hosting expire then hoping that later on repaying for hosting will magically (a bit like a flying carpet) make your site come back, is wishful thinking. GoDaddy are NOT going to store your site files for you, for when you do decide to eventually pay up!
  4. Using even substitute acronyms for what is obviously foul thug language, will NOT get you any sympathy here and yes, vile posts will be removed.
  5. Threatening to throw GoDaddy out of India is delusional nonsense. You do know that there is an age minimum of 18yrs to have a site here? 

I have had enough of your nonsense and will just ignore future posts, I have tried to help and if your data is gone, it is gone and I'm sorry. Please in future use the auto-renew feature and make sure cards are up to date and that funds are in your account to cover your responsibilities..........future questions should be directed to support, not me:

New

You are either being paid to write here by godaddy or you get commission out of threatening people who are cheated by godaddy. My concern is simple and you aren't the right person to address it now I believe so.

1. 11th Oct 2017 was the date to renew the hosting.

2. Due to some problem with the Credit Card. I don't know what went wrong, it was not renewed.

3. 12th Oct 2017 some of the Godaddy's representative said that all the files will be restored once the hosting is renewed.

4. We renewed the hosting

5. They changed their word and said now we need to pay Rs. 5000 to get the files restored.

6. This all happened after spending of above Rs. 2000 just to call them.

7. Try and understand we are not get paid like you by godaddy, we pay godaddy and have been paying for many years.

You either don't try to suggest and be here if you can't assist on resolving the issue. Or simply say you are not the right one to do it. If you are not being paid by godaddy for messing with the questions and not the answers then we once again request you to understand our situation and support us or at least talk on our behalf.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@suman1 wrote:

You are either being paid to write here by godaddy or you get commission out of threatening people who are cheated by godaddy. My concern is simple and you aren't the right person to address it now I believe so.

[ I do NOT get paid by GoDaddy or get commission. Show me where I have threatened you!!]

1. 11th Oct 2017 was the date to renew the hosting.

2. Due to some problem with the Credit Card. I don't know what went wrong, it was not renewed. [Still YOUR responsibility, or that of your bank, NOT Godaddy's]

3. 12th Oct 2017 some of the Godaddy's representative said that all the files will be restored once the hosting is renewed. [You probably didn't hear the bit about a fee for this.]

4. We renewed the hosting

5. They changed their word and said now we need to pay Rs. 5000 [£58 or $76.88] to get the files restored.

6. This all happened after spending of above Rs. 2000 just to call them. [there are four (4) support call centres in India, one more than the UK]

7. Try and understand we are not get paid like you by godaddy, we pay godaddy and have been paying for many years.[Like I said, I am not paid (I should be for dealing with posts like yours, day in, day out)]

You either don't try to suggest and be here if you can't assist on resolving the issue. Or simply say you are not the right one to do it. If you are not being paid by godaddy for messing with the questions and not the answers then we once again request you to understand our situation and support us or at least talk on our behalf.

[ I WAS helping you, but you are too angry and emotional to realise it. I was pointing out that only support could help you, NOBODY HERE, so was saving you time and effort. I suggest you pay for your files to be restored, or risk loosing them forever!! I would NOT waste time arguing as the longer you leave it the less chance you will get them back. I also suggest you do your homework before accusing folk of being a lackey or being on the payroll, I am a Freelance Developer, and trust me, If I am not paid by a client on the agreed date, I suspend services too.................. the 'warning' is prewritten in the proposal and T's and C's! Now sort it out with support................

https://www.godaddy.com/contact-us.aspx ].... Goodbye!!