cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

FTP access by an account not registered

Looking at the stats in cpanel I find that my account is being accessed by a ftp user shd_iQ6H6xSQ@mysite.com

Problem is that this account doesn't show when I look at the couple of ftp accounts I've registered.

What's going on here?  Should I be worried?  How can I restrict access to my ftp from a user that's not registered?

3 REPLIES 3
Super User II
Super User II

Re: FTP access by an account not registered

Hello  , I hope you are well. You can find all information about your FTP accounts by following this method. You can also check information via cpanel. 

Using FTP (File Transfer Protocol) allows you to move your website files between your Web Hosting account and your local computer. In order to use FTP, you will need to know your FTP username and password.

1. Log in to your GoDaddy account and open your product. (Need help opening your product?)
  2. From the top menu bar, click Files & FTP, then select FTP Users. 
    Find FTP users
  3. To change your FTP username or password, click the Actions dropdown for the desired user and select Change Password or Change Username. 
    Edit FTP users
  4. Fill out the necessary fields in the new window and click OK to confirm the changes.
Zulfiqar Anees | GoDaddy Pro | Founder/CEO at FastTech Media, TechMag, and ZulWeb.

You didn't read my message!  I know how to add and delete accounts, but when I check the FTP logs it shows these FTP accounts have been accessing my site and there are no such users listed!

Question is, how can an FTP account that is not listed be accessing my account?  DeleteMe.jpg

Where in GoDaddy did you find these FTP logs?